Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Bank Day

Next Monday, we will be celebrating Bank day, A public holiday in the honour of Banks.
Out of all the things to celebrate or support in this world, we have bank day, a celebration of modern finance. I think we have to pay a minute of silent respect to all the bank fees payed nationally for no apparent reason, and then a further minute in respect of pyramid ventures.
Maybe the holiday is actually to morn the loss of all those regional branches. Heartlessly massacred in battle against Internet based accounts and transactions.

I believe I will spend my Bank day putting cash under my mattress and I encourage everyone else to do the same.

2 comments:

Tab said...

We have Bank Holiday?? Don't tell Jason, cos I don't want to work! lol. However does this mean u and Jayne will be free on monday?

Nath said...

It tunr out that only people who work in banks get bank day off. Not people who get screwed by banks. Very disapointing.